The Steam Controller frees you from your keyboard and mouse, and when used with Steam Link in Steam Big Picture Mode, lets you play your favorite Steam games on your TVFind your favorite configurations and mappings in the Steam Controller community, or create and share your ownDual trackpads allow for 1:1 absolute position input via virtual controls like a trackball, adaptive centering joystick, or steering wheelEach of the Steam Controller’s input zones and buttons has been positioned based on frequency of use, required precision, and ergonomic comfort OS Platform – Windows/Linux/Mac/SteamOS
- Experience a new level of precise control for your favorite games. The Steam Controller lets you play your entire collection of Steam games on your TV-even the ones designed without controller support in mind.
- Features dual trackpads, HD haptic feedback, dual-stage triggers, back grip buttons, and fully-customizable control schemes. Find your favorite mappings in the Steam Community, or create and share your own.
- Dual trackpads allow for 1:1 absolute position input via virtual controls like a trackball, adaptive centering joystick, or steering wheel
- Dual-stage triggers can be used as analog, digital, or both types of input at the same time. Put your iron-sights on the sweep-in, and then fire with the reliable feel of a tactile switch, all on the same trigger.
- Each of the Steam Controller's input zones and buttons has been positioned based on frequency of use, required precision, and ergonomic comfort.
746 of 771 people found the following review helpful
In-Depth Feature Explanation,
This review is from: Steam Controller (Video Game)When I saw the reviews and features, I preordered two of them. They got delivered the same day, and boy the box was clean and properly packaged.
After drooling over the boxes, I plugged one in, without remembering to turn on Steam; it already worked as a mouse without any setup at all. I turned on Steam, and the software updated.
Skip to present day, I use this thing all over. Let me tell you some crazy things you can do with this controller!
* Program any button to any xbox 360, keyboard, or mouse functions (including multiple, e.g. Alt+Tab)
* Program independent (horizontal / vertical) (sensitivity / axis inversion)
* Select commonly used community created layouts for Steam Games (and tweak them yourself!)
* Configure your controller for non-Steam games
* Grab buttons (Ring Finger / Pinky Finger)
* 2 Touchpads (can be mouse, joystick, anything in between, as well as DPads, WASD / other key configurations, screen area... Read more
11 of 11 people found the following review helpful
Tech-geek's dream controller!,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Steam Controller (Video Game)This controller is not for everyone! I am giving it 5 stars because it has been perfect for me. Here's the kind of guy I am: a tech-geek who loves to tinker with software. If you are not that kind of person, you might find the extreme amount of setup and adjustment required to really get the most out of this controller to be daunting, to say the least. However, if you really learn to use the controller setup software, you will find this controller to be amazing. A few notes:
* Amazing for emulators. It can mimic any kind of controller imaginable.
* Does not require Steam Big Picture mode! It does require Steam to be running in the background, but Big Picture mode is optional. This was a nice surprise.
* Even though the build quality on the buttons, triggers, control stick, and pads is great and durable, the body of the controller feels a little cheap and hollow. I remedied this by buying a silicon skin (not a decal, I got the one that stretches around the... Read more
30 of 32 people found the following review helpful
Best of Both Worlds: Mouse/Keyboard and Controller,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Steam Controller (Video Game)First off, I'm going to say this: If you do not have patience, this is not the controller you are looking for.
I actually had to delay my review for a few months because it took that long to get the full flavor of this wonderful piece of equipment. I have spent hours setting and tweaking and testing and tweaking and changing (and did I mention tweaking?), but it is 100% worth it. I have greater control over my games now than I ever had before.
First off, the physical features of the controller. In the box are the controller, the wireless adapter, and an extender cable that either connects directly to the controller or to the included range extending piece. (A side note: even the box is awesome. They made it so it looks like a glow comes from inside when you open it.) Oh, and yes, batteries are included. Many would wonder why it uses 2 AA batteries. "We've moved past that, bring on the rechargeables," you may think. However, this makes wonderful use of... Read more
› See all 2,635 customer reviews...