The Steam Controller frees you from your keyboard and mouse, and when used with Steam Link in Steam Big Picture Mode, lets you play your favorite Steam games on your TVFind your favorite configurations and mappings in the Steam Controller community, or create and share your ownDual trackpads allow for 1:1 absolute position input via virtual controls like a trackball, adaptive centering joystick, or steering wheelEach of the Steam Controller’s input zones and buttons has been positioned based on frequency of use, required precision, and ergonomic comfort OS Platform – Windows/Linux/Mac/SteamOS
- Experience a new level of precise control for your favorite games. The Steam Controller lets you play your entire collection of Steam games on your TV-even the ones designed without controller support in mind.
- Features dual trackpads, HD haptic feedback, dual-stage triggers, back grip buttons, and fully-customizable control schemes. Find your favorite mappings in the Steam Community, or create and share your own.
- Dual trackpads allow for 1:1 absolute position input via virtual controls like a trackball, adaptive centering joystick, or steering wheel
- Dual-stage triggers can be used as analog, digital, or both types of input at the same time. Put your iron-sights on the sweep-in, and then fire with the reliable feel of a tactile switch, all on the same trigger.
- Each of the Steam Controller's input zones and buttons has been positioned based on frequency of use, required precision, and ergonomic comfort.
226 of 226 people found the following review helpful
PRICE ALERT PRICE ALERT PRICE ALERT,
Her Unicorn (Mesa)
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Steam Controller (Video Game)PRICE ALERT...Retailers including valve on amazon have for some odd reason jacked up the cost of this product from 50 dollars. If you still want the usual steam controller price you can get it from steam directly or game stop for 50 dollars. Im not so sure why they have raised the cost of the controller this way in a lot of places but right now during the sell on steam you can get the controller and steam link for 89 dollars or even a controller and game bundle for 89 dollars. I subtracted a star for poor sales management. As for the product i would still only keep it at 4 stars. They still have issues they need to work on with it. Ive sent three in since it first came out to have it replaced for the same below reason of my review.
Im writing this six months after use but this controller is well worth the buy however i ran into problems six months after my purchase. I already knew from the get go the left bumper seemed a tad stiff but it worked and as a customer who doesnt... Read more
836 of 861 people found the following review helpful
In-Depth Feature Explanation,
This review is from: Steam Controller (Video Game)When I saw the reviews and features, I preordered two of them. They got delivered the same day, and boy the box was clean and properly packaged.
After drooling over the boxes, I plugged one in, without remembering to turn on Steam; it already worked as a mouse without any setup at all. I turned on Steam, and the software updated.
Skip to present day, I use this thing all over. Let me tell you some crazy things you can do with this controller!
* Program any button to any xbox 360, keyboard, or mouse functions (including multiple, e.g. Alt+Tab)
* Program independent (horizontal / vertical) (sensitivity / axis inversion)
* Select commonly used community created layouts for Steam Games (and tweak them yourself!)
* Configure your controller for non-Steam games
* Grab buttons (Ring Finger / Pinky Finger)
* 2 Touchpads (can be mouse, joystick, anything in between, as well as DPads, WASD / other key configurations, screen area... Read more
29 of 29 people found the following review helpful
Tech-geek's dream controller!,
Ryan M Ladd
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Steam Controller (Video Game)This controller is not for everyone! I am giving it 5 stars because it has been perfect for me. Here's the kind of guy I am: a tech-geek who loves to tinker with software. If you are not that kind of person, you might find the extreme amount of setup and adjustment required to really get the most out of this controller to be daunting, to say the least. However, if you really learn to use the controller setup software, you will find this controller to be amazing. A few notes:
* Amazing for emulators. It can mimic any kind of controller imaginable.
* Does not require Steam Big Picture mode! It does require Steam to be running in the background, but Big Picture mode is optional. This was a nice surprise.
* Even though the build quality on the buttons, triggers, control stick, and pads is great and durable, the body of the controller feels a little cheap and hollow. I remedied this by buying a silicon skin (not a decal, I got the one that stretches around the... Read more
› See all 2,774 customer reviews...