Step into Rift. Whether you�re stepping into your favorite game, watching an immersive VR movie, jumping to a destination on the other side of the world, or just spending time with friends in VR, you�ll feel like you�re really there.
- Includes: Oculus Rift headset with built-in headphones and mic, sensor, remote, Xbox One Wireless Controller, and an ASUS Oculus Ready G11CD-WS51 Desktop PC.
- PC specifications: Intel core i5 6400 2.7 GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 graphics card.
- Oculus Rift's advanced display technology combined with its precise, low-latency constellation tracking system enables the sensation of presence.
- Discover and download games across genres ranging from action RPGs, sci-fi shooters, mind-bending puzzle games, and more - and play them from an entirely new perspective. Lucky's Tale is included with every Rift purchase.
- Latest 6th generation Intel Core i5-6400 Quad Core 2.7 GHz processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.3 GHz)
- Fast performance with 8GB DDR4 (2133Mhz) memory and 1TB 7200RPM
- Immerse yourself in astounding visuals with NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB DDR5
- 802.11 AC with Bluetooth 4.0 for faster web browsing, Windows 10 (64bit) OS
- Internet connection are required for Oculus Rift
8 of 8 people found the following review helpful
The package arrived on time and was in good shape. The computer looks better than I thought ...,
This review is from: Oculus Rift + ASUS Oculus Ready G11CD-WS51 Desktop PC Bundle (Personal Computers)I'm sure I will update this review.
The package arrived on time and was in good shape. The computer looks better than I thought it would BUT I'm still not a fan of the design. Anyway, the setup was easy. Computer seems to be running smooth. But lets be honest, this is about the Oculus rift. The setup was ROUGH for me. The first thing you have to do is install Oculus software. I kept getting Installation errors. To make things worse, I had to download the 800+mb file EVERYTIME I attempted to install the setup software. I'm not sure why you can't download the file to your hard drive. I had to go through a few forums to figure out how to get it to install. For me, it was the folder that held the temp file made by the installation. It was read only. I had to set it to read and write. I think this is ridiculous for a "bundle". They should work together. As for the rift, its still too early. But I will say I have been impressed so far. Image quality is pretty good. Text seems... Read more
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
Oculus is fun, if you can get ASUS to work,
This review is from: Oculus Rift + ASUS Oculus Ready G11CD-WS51 Desktop PC Bundle (Personal Computers)I updated my review to see if it may help anyone:
Installation problem - Same like others, won't install until I deleted McCafee.
Setup problem - After install, the Oculus app. ended up in blue screen every time right before headset recognition. After several hours, I finally gave up on this ASUS, although I know it will work if I kept trying. But hey I have a VR-ready PC laying around, so installed and played on the PC I built with no problem in under 1 hour. This ASUS will go to my workshop for reconfiguration later, for I do like the case and may use it for VIVE after revamp.
Oculus will take over the one and only HDMI port on the GTX970 graphics card - Most graphics cards come with only 1 HDMI port, including this ASUS. In order to follow the on-screen prompts during setup and sign in and play Oculus, you'll need a monitor with displayport. I normally use my 4K TV as monitor, so I bought a displayport to hdmi 4K adapter to use my Samsung TV as... Read more
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
Good Platform, Just Understand Issues,
This review is from: Oculus Rift + ASUS Oculus Ready G11CD-WS51 Desktop PC Bundle (Personal Computers)When I decided that I was getting the Oculus Rift I needed a new computer and was planning on building one. When I found out that I could get it much sooner with a pre-built PC, I pulled the trigger.
The ASUS is a nice looking PC and I do like how quiet it is. Much quieter than my previous gaming build. I do understand that this isn't the most high-end PC that there so that has to be taken into account. I really wish that this had an SSD in it though and being unable to upgrade without voiding the warranty is something that you should take very seriously. I haven't brought myself to do it based on this alone and I believe that PC could use that boost. Finally, as many people have mentioned, there really is only one working HDMI port, used a DVI to HDMI cord to get around this. I haven't actually checked to see if the internal graphics card is disabled in the BIOS because I had the cord lying around.
Now let's get to what this review is really about:... Read more
› See all 28 customer reviews...