The Myo gesture control armband reads the muscle activity in your forearm and gives you touch-free control of technology with hand gestures and motion. The Myo armband is one-size-fits-all, ages 12 and up.
- Reads the electrical activity of your muscles and the motion of your arm to let you wirelessly control technology with hand gestures and motion
- Find over 100 applications to control music, games, presentations, and more in Myo Market
- Map gestures to your keyboard for customized control
- Develop with open APIs and free SDK to build solutions for home automation, drones, computer games, virtual reality, and more
- Works with Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android devices through a wireless connection
149 of 150 people found the following review helpful
Great if you have realistic expectations,
This review is from: Myo Gesture Control Armband (Black) (Wireless Phone Accessory)I would recommend this to anyone in a presentation setting who is familiar with technology. I teach World History and use the Myo primarily to swipe through keynote presentations. I have used it for Netflix and iTunes as well.
I wear the band only halfway up my arm because I can rest it comfortably in this position. Because I put it on this way, I had to make a custom profile instead of using their gestures. I actually preferred setting my own because I didn't have to make the motion quite the same as they want you to.
As far as usability and control, the Myo is great if you understand you need to wear it a good 3 or 4 minutes before trying to use it. It's also still new (hasn't even been out a year yet), so of course its occasionally going to get the wrong read or miss a command. I would say the accuracy of the Myo is around 95% or so. It doesn't miss many gestures, but it's yet perfect.
As long as someone understands the current limitations to the... Read more
9 of 9 people found the following review helpful
Marketplace no longer active,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Myo Gesture Control Armband (Black) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
there is no new SDK/library release for more than a year
The marketplace does not have any active 3rd party support left
16 of 17 people found the following review helpful
Good start but keep your expectations in check - must have skinny arms!,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Myo Gesture Control Armband (Black) (Wireless Phone Accessory)Two primary issues with this device: (1) It's unreliable and (2) it is too small.
(1) Unreliable. It doesn't work reliably enough to depend upon as an input device. I certainly would not depend on this to control a drone unless I wanted it to fly off and crash. Controlling PowerPoint slides generally works but, again, it is not always consistent. Controlling your mouse pointer is not precise and it gets frustrating trying to make it work.
(2) Like some others have mentioned, it is too tight. It comes with clips to make it smaller but I have no idea why you would want to make this band even smaller. I have thin arms and I still found it bordering on uncomfortable to wear. I assume it needs to be tight to pick up the muscles/tendons in your arm but, even if this is the case, it's too uncomfortable to wear for an extended period of time. Make it bigger and include the clips again.
There is great potential for this device but if you buy it, keep your... Read more
› See all 148 customer reviews...