DSCVR Headset - WWGC Certified Virtual Reality Viewer With the dscvr headset, taking your virtual reality adventures with you has never been easier. The headset features an innovative, retractable chassis that makes it super-portable. A sturdy, hexagonal shape makes it road-worthy. The dscvr headset is the next evolution in accessible virtual reality. Patent pending. FEATURES: Rectractable chassis - super portable Pressing the buttons on each side of the headset activates the spring-loaded chassis. The retracting feature reduces thickness of the headset by almost half, making storage and transport easier. Ergonomic design - lovely to hold No hard edges and sharp corners. The dscvr headset feels as good on the hands as it does to the eyes. Compact and portable The dscvr headset was designed with portability in mind. The sturdy build, retracting chassis, and carrying case make it the ideal travel companion. Conductive input - works with Android and iOS phones The conductive button is similar to the one in Google Cardboard V2 kits, but with upgraded materials. Silicone flap treated to repel dirt The flap won't attract grime and dust from repeated use - and you're going to want to hold this headset a lot! Carrying case included To make it even more roadworthy, all units come with a durable travel case. IMPORTANT NOTE. WWGC certified VR viewer such as the DSCVR does not include head strap. When the user holds the Cardboard with their hands against the face, their head rotation speed is limited by the torso rotational speed. (which is much slower than the neck rotational speed). This reduces the chance of "VR sickness" caused by rendering/IMU latency and increases the impressiveness in VR. Grab your dscvr headset now and let's DSCVR the future together today.
- DSCVR Headset carries the Works With Google Cardboard Badge - Google Certified to works with Google Cardboard VR Apps for both iOS and Android. With Viewer Profile QR code that is tailored made to calibrate your smartphone with the headset for proper VR experience.
- Compatible with both Apple and Android Smartphones. Including but not limited to Apple iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 plus, iPhone 6s plus, Samsung S3, S4, S5, S6, S6 plus, S6 edge, S6 edge plus, Note 2, Note 3, Note 4, Note 5, Google Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 5x, Nexus 6, Nexus 6p, Oneplus One, Oneplus two, and many other smartphones with 4-inch to 6-inch screen display.
- Made with ABS plastic material - High quality sturdy material that is made to last a long time. Equipped with Premium 34mm Asymmetrical Biconvex Lenses - super clear acrylic lenses for optimal viewing experience. Dust-proof Silicone Flap - holds your smartphone securely. Universal Conductive button - use as trigger button for your smartphone when mounted on the headset, works with both iOS and Android smartphones.
- Available in various fun colors. A sturdy, hexagonal shape makes it road-worthy. Comes with a durable carrying case to make it even more roadworthy. Taking your virtual reality adventures with you has never been easier. Collect all colors now.
- All rights reserved. All trade names are registered trademarks of respective manufacturers listed. Apple and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. Apple does not endorse use of these products. Samsung Galaxy S series and Samsung Galaxy Note series are registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics, Inc. Samsung does not endorse use of these products. Google Cardboard is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Follow your nose, to another headset,
Mike (Des Moines, IA)
This review is from: DSCVR Headset inspired by Google Cardboard v2 IO 2015 VR Gear for Apple iPhone and Android Smartphones - Google WWGC Certified Virtual Reality Viewer (Black) (Accessory)
I appreciate this design. Gets the job done, but lacks refinement. The idea, as I gather, was to allow the unit to accept a number of different phones, but it suffers for that feature. The latch that holds your phone in is so difficult to use that it makes it infuriating when the screen position is just a little off, or you need to interact with the touchscreen. The built in button helps with screen interaction, but it is VERY limited. This unit comes with no head strap so plan on holding it for the duration of your VR Experience. And most of all, the nose cut out... Horrible!!! The pain of this thing sitting on the bridge of your nose for more than a few minutes is the worst. Thoughts and Prayers for anyone with anything more than normal sizes schnoz.
> : b (
Great cheap VR viewer (without headband) with a couple shortcomings in a market that is not yet mature,
Yawnimouse (Boston MA)
This review is from: DSCVR Headset inspired by Google Cardboard v2 IO 2015 VR Gear for Apple iPhone and Android Smartphones - Google WWGC Certified Virtual Reality Viewer (Black) (Accessory)I like this headset and purchased after considerable research on reviews of similar cardboard headsets. I dislike that it has no headband however I was aware that it doesn't have one. Even though I'm aware of it, I would say having a headband is a sort of requirement and strange to not just design it with one, even if it was detachable. I intend on making my own with velcro or something but will kind of ruin the aesthetics of the unit with a homegrown attachment.
I will say the little plastic box it comes in is great for keeping dust/cat hair etc off the device while not in use. Big thumbs up for this, worth paying a little extra to have this included!
Other issue I have that I thought I would like is the silicon strap holding your phone in place. Its very wide for no good reason. The problem with this is with what I'm assuming is a large amount of phones, the power button is on the side (as well as volume buttons). When strapping your phone in, you can... Read more
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
Very good viewer - a lot of fun,
This review is from: DSCVR Headset Inspired by Google Cardboard v2 IO 2015 VR Gear for Apple iPhone and Android Smartphones - Google WWGC Certified Virtual Reality Viewer (Orange) (Accessory)This is my 3rd VR viewer and I'm very happy with it. First one was the cardboard version (of course!) which is great but I wanted something a little sturdier. Next I got one of the bigger ones with the headstrap, face pads and adjustable lenses, which has very good clarity but is a little heavy and cumbersome and has no way to advance through some of the applications (like Google Streetview). The DSCVR is the perfect compromise. The clarity is very good and it has the button. Love the fact that it is collapsible and comes with a storage case - very compact and easy to take it with me. I don't find the plastic uncomfortable at all - it is very smooth with no rough or sharp edges and it fits well on my face (better than the cardboard). Only drawbacks I can see are: 1.) you have to line the phone up before you lock the strap in place and it is a little awkward to do (but it does feel very secure as there is a silicone surface on the device itself too for a sure grip); and 2.) the button... Read more
› See all 61 customer reviews...